Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kes

Kes is one of those characters like Ezri Dax, where people either love her or they hate her. I personally really enjoyed her character, especially the soothing nature of her voice and her cute look. Most people, however, prefered her departure, and welcomed with bulging eyes, Seven of Nine. I can't say I blame them, but Kes was a really good character IMHO and the stories of her developing telekinetic abilities were interesting science fiction.

We met Jennifer Lien, the actress who portayed Kes, in Vegas at the 2008 CON. My wife wore this costume for a photo-op with her, and she was hilarious. Her first comment was: "I can't believe I used to fit into that!" She is a delightful, down-to-earth lady who has moved on with her life and created a wonderful family, and is most certainly not living in the past (unlike a certain Mr. Wang).

















This costume has great color and is a beautiful representation of the character. It was featured in such Voyager episodes as "Eye of the Needle", "Prime Factor", and "Cathexis." It is a treasured piece and I am fortunate to have it. Oh, this costume also graced the cover of TV Guide on July 15 1995. How I yearn for the days when Star Trek, the X-Files, AND MST3K were all on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment